Pabna Technical school and College is one of the oldest technical educational institute of the northern region of Bangladesh.
The college was established in 1889. Bonomali Roy, a landlord of the region, had established a Technical School in Pabna town on December 24 in 1889 called “Eliot Bonomali Technical School.” He had spent Tk. 27 thousand in establishing the educational institution.
The school was established on the occasion of the arrival of the then British Governor Sir Eliot in Pabna. Then Government had donated Tk. 50 thousand for development of the school in 1913. During this time the district board had also donated Tk. 38 thousand and took over management of the school in 1922.
The institute was turned into a government institute in 1922, and the name of the institute was changed to “Pabna Technical School.” The Pakistan government started the Diploma Engineering course in the institution in 1961. After independence, the institute was renamed “Pabna Vocational Training Institute.”
General Education and the Technical Education courses were started simultaneously in the institution in 90s. The SSC Vocational and HSC Vocational course started in 1995. In 2003 the name of the institution was changed again to “PABNA TECHNICAL SCHOOL AND COLLEGE.”
There are currently 1500 students are studying in the institution. Of them 1050 are studying in the School section while 450 are studying in College section. There are total of 60 nos. highly qualified teachers(M.Sc Engineer, B.Sc Engineer, Diploma engineer, Diploma in Voc., M.Sc., M.A., B.Sc., B.A. etc.) currently teaching in the institute.